1.1 This statement provides information on the policies of Prime Motors Limited, its subsidiaries, affiliates and associated companies (“Prime Motors Limited”, where the context permits, includes any one of them) under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap.486) of Hong Kong (“Ordinance”).
1.2 Terms used in this statement shall, unless otherwise specified, be construed in accordance with the Ordinance.
2. PURPOSE OF COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
2.1 The provision of any personal data by you or on your behalf to any of the members of Prime Motors Limited shall be voluntary and shall be deemed to authorize such members to collect, retain, update and use your personal data for the purpose of clause 2.2 below.
2.2 The personal data provided by you or on your behalf to the following members of Prime Motors Limited from time to time as well as all other personal data related to you collected and held by such member will be used for the following purposes:
(1) Arranging for vehicle registration, insurance, hire purchase and/or leasing of the vehicles;
(2) Providing maintenance, repair and other after-sale services of vehicles;
(3) Providing other goods, facilities and services to you from time to time;
(4) Collecting any outstanding amount payable by you;
(5) Providing to the authorized service dealer granted by the above companies including but not limited to Dah Chong Hong (Motor Service Centre) Limited, for conducting maintenance, repair and other after-sale services
(6) Comparing the personal data provided by you with your other information possessed from time to time by any other member of Prime Motors Limited for verification purposes;
(7) Conducting marketing of any goods or services provided by Prime Motors Limited;
(8) Conducting statistical surveys, marketing research and studies;
(9) Conducting financial audit;
(10) Achieving any other lawful purposes relating to any of the aforesaid purposes; and
(11) Enforcing any legal or other rights of Prime Motors Limited may have against you.
2.3 In the event that, in the opinion of Prime Motors Limited to which you provided
personal data, the personal data provided by you is insufficient or such member is not satisfied that such data is true and accurate, such member reserves the right to refuse to withhold process of your application or provision of any service to you unless and until the personal data required by such member is provided.
2.4 For the purposes stipulated in clause 2.2 above, any employee of Prime Motors Limited
or any person retained by Prime Motors Limited shall be entitled to inspect the personal data provided by you.
3. USE OF PERSONAL DATA
Prime Motors Limited will ensure the confidentiality of collected personal data but may provide such information to the following parties (including parties within as well as outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (“Hong Kong”)) for the purpose of implementing the “purpose of collection of personal data” mentioned above:
(a) Any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, or other services to Prime Motors Limited and Prime Motors Limited’s customers;
(b) Any agent authorized by Prime Motors Limited from time to time to process personal data of Prime Motors Limited’s customers;
(c) Any business partner selected by Prime Motors Limited;
(d) Any other members of Prime Motors Limited, within as well as outside Hong Kong;
(e) Auditors, consultants or legal adviser(s) of Prime Motors Limited, within as well as outside Hong Kong;
(f) Any other person under a duty of confidentiality to Prime Motors Limited; and
(g) Any of the actual or proposed assignees or transferees of Prime Motors Limited.
4. DUTY OF CONFIDENTIALITY
4.1 Prime Motors Limited shall exercise reasonable endeavours to ensure that the personal data provided by you shall be kept confidential and be placed in secure locations. Prime Motors Limited shall further exercise reasonable endeavours to ensure the integrity, prudence and competence of the persons who have access to such data.
4.2 In compliance with any law in Hong Kong, Prime Motors Limited may disclose the personal data provided by you to governmental authorities or other regulatory bodies or persons.
5. SPECIAL PROVISIONS FOR PERSONAL DATA HELD BY PRIME MOTORS LIMITED ON THE INTERNET
5.1 By assessing Prime Motors Limited through its website (“Site”), you shall be deemed to agree to the terms and conditions in this statement.
5.2 All reasonable efforts are made to ensure that any personal data held by Prime Motors Limited from time to time through the Site is stored in secure and safe storage.
5.3 Prime Motors Limited may use “cookies” on the Site so as to:
(a) enable tighter security;
(b) enable you to complete the application process;
(c) personalize the Site for you; and
(d) build online profile for you.
5.4 You may disallow “cookies” at any time on your web browser.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
6.1 In the event that you have objections to any use of the personal data in accordance with clause 2 or any provision or disclosure of such data in accordance with clause 3 above, please inform Prime Motors Limited to which you provided your personal data in writing. The address of such member is stated in the relevant forms/contracts executed between you and such member. Prime Motors Limited shall cease the use and/or provision or disclosure of such data upon confirmation of your request.
6.2 Unless you request Prime Motors Limited to dispose all personal data provided by you, you acknowledge that Prime Motors Limited shall retain all such personal data and may continue to deliver to you marketing information even after cancellation or withdrawal of your application for membership of any of the clubs organized by the Prime Motors Limited or your membership in such clubs, expiry of the warranty period of any goods supplied or service provided by the Prime Motors Limited or completion of any sale of goods or provision of services by the Prime Motors Limited (as the case may be).
7. ACCESS AND CORRECTION REQUEST
7.1 You have the right to request access to and correction of your personal data in accordance with the Ordinance.
7.2 In the event that you intend to correct any personal data, please inform Prime Motors Limited to which you provided your personal data in writing so that such member shall be able to make the amendments accordingly.
7.3 Enquiries concerning the personal data collected, including access and corrections, should be addressed to the address stated in the relevant forms/contracts executed between you and Prime Motors Limited or any other address from time to time stipulated by Prime Motors Limited.
7.4 In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, Prime Motors Limited has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request. You agree to pay such fees.
8. USE OF PERSONAL DATA IN DIRECT MARKETING
8.1 Prime Motors Limited intends to use a customer’s personal data in direct marketing and may not so use the data unless Prime Motors Limited has received your consent (which includes an indication of no objection) to such intended use. In this connection, please note that:
(1) the name, contact details, products and services portfolio information, transaction pattern and behaviour, financial background and demographic data of you held by Prime Motors Limited from time to time may be used by Prime Motors Limited in direct marketing;
(2) the following classes of goods, facilities, services, and other marketing subjects may be marketed by Prime Motors Limited, namely:
(a) recreational and other activities, customers’ offers, registered members’ offers, redemption gifts and online shopping, relating to motor-vehicle users / owners, motor vehicles, parts & accessories and related products;
(b) reward, loyalty or privileges programs and related services and products relating to motor-vehicle users / owners;
(c) goods & services relating to motor maintenance & repairing; motor parts & accessories; motor leasing; fuel; transportation; traveling; accommodation; finance; insurance; credit card; banking; telecommunication, internet and mobile services; mobile phones and peripherals; computers and peripherals; printed matter and electronic media including books, magazines, newspapers & websites; entertainment; household; sporting equipment; consumer electronics; watches & jewellery; suitcases & bags; fashion & apparel; food & beverages; education; health and wellness; beauty & cosmetics; social networking; hobbies & interests; professional & counseling services; gifts; flowers; hampers; toys; baby & child caring;
(d) donations and contributions for charitable and/or non-profits making purposes;
(3) the above goods, facilities, services and marketing subjects may be provided or solicited by Prime Motors Limited and/or:
(a) any subsidiary, affiliate or associated company of Dah Chong Hong Holdings Limited;
(b) any third party goods and/or services provider;
(c) any third party reward, loyalty, co-branding or privileges programme provider; and
(d) any charitable organization;
(4) in addition to marketing the above goods, facilities, services and other marketing subjects by itself, Prime Motors Limited also intends to provide the above personal data to all or any of the persons described in sub-paragraph (3) above for use by them or it in marketing those goods, facilities, services and other marketing subjects, and Prime Motors Limited may not so provide the data unless Prime Motors Limited has received your consent (which includes an indication of no objection) to the intended provision; and
8.2 If you does not wish Prime Motors Limited to use or provide to any other persons your personal data for use in direct marketing as described above, you may exercise your opt-out right by notifying Prime Motors Limited, in which event Prime Motors Limited must, without charge to you, cease to use or provide to other persons your personal data for use in direct marketing.
8.3 You may provide your consent to Prime Motors Limited’s using or providing to other person your personal data for use in direct marketing as described above by notifying Prime Motors Limited’s Data Protection Officer, whose contact details are set out below, or through such other channel which you may be advised of when providing personal data to Prime Motors Limited.
8.4 Data protection officer of Prime Motors Limited
The person to whom requests for access to data or correction of data or for information regarding Prime Motors Limited’s privacy policies and practices and kinds of data held and for any other communications hereinabove described are to be addressed is as follows:
Address: Prime Motors Ltd, 9/F DCH Bldg, 20 Kai Cheung Road, Kowloon Bay, Kowloon, HK
Tel.: 2768 2438 Fax : 2320 7299
Email : email@example.com
If there is any discrepancy between the Chinese and English versions, the English version shall prevail.